The NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Course introduces students to the knowledge, skills and attitude necessary for owning and using a pistol safely. The course is designed for the beginning shooter as well as anyone who may have some experience with a handgun but has never learned the fundamentals of handgun marksmanship.
Through this course, the students will learn about pistol parts and operation, ammunition, gun safety, pistol shooting fundamentals, and pistol shooting activities. The Basic Pistol Course will also help prepare the student for participation in other NRA courses.
- Pistol Knowledge and Safe Gun Handling
- Ammunition Knowledge and the Fundamental of Safe Pistol Operations
- Fundamentals of Pistol Marksmanship
- Proper Cleaning and Storage of all types of Handguns
- Firing the First Shots
- Pistol Sports and related activities along with advice on selection of a pistol
This course is approximately 8 hours in length and includes both a classroom component and live fire exercises on the range.
Students will receive the NRA Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting handbook and the NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure.
Students will be required to pass the Basics of Pistol Shooting Student Examination, shoot a qualification target and upon passing will receive a course completion certificate.
The fee for this course is $100.
- A $50 non-refundable fee will be due when registering for the course. The balance due can be paid the day of the course.
- Students can also choose to pay the entire fee of $100 at the time of registration, $50 can be refunded if student withdraws from the course before July 1st, 2021.
- Payment will be handled using Square by selecting the Pay Course Registration Fee button below.
Course will be held on Saturday, July 31 starting at 9:00 am at the Red River Regional Marksmanship Center, 640 16th St. NE West Fargo, ND
For this course, registration is handled through the NRAInstructors.org website linked below